And then some. I know this quilt was an idea well over a year ago, and I am pretty sure that I have been cutting strips and sewing them into squares for over a year. And to think I hoped to have it finished in a few months! Ha!
My plan at the beginning of this year was to finish the quilt by Thanksgiving, so our family would have a big snuggly quilt to cuddle under during the winter. Then, a few months ago, I saw a request for quilts show up on the Craft Hope blog. A certain ministry is giving the quilts to children in Kenya. I knew in my heart right away that my quilt was meant for Kenya and a sweet child in need.
I have spent the last week working on this in all my spare time, to be sure I finished by the deadline! This afternoon, after re-threading the bobbin 3 times (the first time it was a nasty mess, the second made up for the first, the third to finish attaching the binding), I finally finished!
It is twin-sized.
Here is a close-up of one of the blocks.
It feels so good to have finished this! Can’t wait to mail it on Monday!