365 days is a pretty long time to learn. It may not be long enough to learn some things, but it is definitely long enough to learn a few life lessons–especially for me, as a wife and mother. And we’re never too old for learning. Heck, I’m turning 34 tomorrow. I’m not too old. (Nor am I old, thankyouverymuch.) Here’s a quick look at what I learned this year…but now that I’m thinking about it, I learned a LOT more than just these 14 things.
1. It is a lot of fun to take all the kids on hikes and nature walks, to get exercise together. Somewhat related, my oldest can run about as fast as I can, but I can keep the pace longer. We all enjoyed a fun run at our parish this summer, too!
2. My kids like music, especially the parody and satire songs.
3. Prepping food for freezer meals is a great idea, and worked really well when my mom helped me do it. Related: I like simple, reliable meals.
4. Saying “No” is a good thing. (‘cuz I just can’t do it all.)
5. Kids will live without snacks in the van, and the van will be somewhat cleaner for it.
6. Planning surprise vacations is fun.
7. I don’t like to ski, but I do like to enjoy the snowy mountains and watch my family ski.
8. I like coffee.
9. Some things are too much for my life. Like the Elf on the Shelf, or even my own Advent Plans.
10. It’s really great to have friends who share advice, laughter, prayer, faith.
11. Prayer for your family is so important.
12. I don’t like clutter, but I can somehow not manage to tame the clutter beasts.
13. Feeding college kids is an adventure in hospitality and having enough food (which gives me a glimpse of what feeding 3 teenage boys will be like).
14. I really like taking pictures and miss doing a photo-a-month of my family (as much as they hate it!)
Now it’s your turn. What are some things–serious, fun, whatever!–that you learned this year? Join the looking-back fun, and link up. I’ll have the link-up live for at least a week, and then you can always add yours in the comments! Don’t blog? Share anyway in the comments!
[inlinkz_linkup id=479095 mode=1]