Wowie. That post last week really resonated with a lot of people, and I’ve been so incredibly moved with all the love and support shown to me in the comments here, on FB, on Instagram, and in private texts and messages. I am truly blessed with the support and prayers (our whole family is!) and every day I’m more at peace with this surprise and growing in the joy of new life. Please pray with me for all our friends and sisters and women everywhere who are struggling with infertility. The struggle is one I don’t know personally, but those women are on my heart so much lately.
So, on to something a little lighter than all those emotions! If you like that kind of thing, I might get real and raw again sometime, but it’s hard, you know? It’s hard to know your own self *that* well to put your emotions into words that make sense.
I give you oodles of random facts about me:
1. I started blogging way back in 2005-ish, when I was trying to join a scrapbook design team. I had no idea what I was doing, with blogging or scrapbooking. Ok, I knew a little about scrapbooking. I made the team, and stayed on for a couple years.
2. In that time, my blog morphed more into a personal journal, and sometime in 2008ish I changed my blog name and format to just be for family pics.
3. Someone challenged me to do a 365-project. I took a lot of pictures.
4. I love pictures. Sometimes I take good ones of my kids…my favorite subject to shoot. Other times, I get this:
5. When I am pregnant, I like spicy food. Some days, it is all I can eat to get me past the morning nausea. Jalapeno potato chips and the fiery hot Cheetos are winners.
6. If I didn’t blog the random things I do right now, I’d want to be a food blogger.
7. Bon Apetite magazine is my favorite ever.
8. I still rarely wear make-up, but I do more often now that Amanda showed me some simple things. One of these days, I’ll show you my look.
9. “24” used to be my favorite TV show. Now it’s Doctor Who, but I also am really enjoying Once Upon A Time and Downton Abbey.
10. Could someone bring me a great burger, please? I would love a burger.
11. When I was dating Fence, I taught him to play tennis, and for about 6 months, I was able to beat him. That’s not true anymore.
12. I got my first cell phone when I was 22 and married. Imagine. I grew up knowing how to use a rotary dial phone. That makes me old, doesn’t it?
13. My oldest is almost my twin at the same age.
14. I eat raw cookie dough. The horrors!
15. I met some of my best friends online. I suppose that makes me modern compared to my knowledge of rotary phones?
16. One year, Fence and I dressed up as Clark Kent and Lois Lane for Halloween. Someday, we’ll pull of Han Solo and Princess Leia.
17. My best friend ever is a religious sister. I haven’t seen her since 2004 and miss her dearly. (which reminds me that I really need to write her!)
18. In 2010, my kids and I dipped our toes in the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean. That was one heck of a move.
19. Some of best memories of CA include planting pumpkins at the local farm, and then picking them in the fall. Those were awesome times and we miss Farmer Jim!
20. I have collected 5 cameras and 6 lenses in my years of pursuing photography as a hobby. Three are film cameras, one a Nikon, one a Fuji Instax, one a really old Yashika, two are Canon digital cameras.
21. I have a few rolls of film that need developing…one of these days.
22. When I was in highschool, one of the guys called me “Big Foot”, because he thought my feet were too big for my short self. Turns out, my feet are pretty average, size 7.