I’m joining Gina from Someday Saints for her Meatless Friday series! We’ve been enjoying some yummy meatless meals over here so I’m excited to share!
This meal I’m sharing is pretty easy to whip up. It’s one of those dinners that happened after being low on all. the. groceries. We hadn’t been grocery shopping in a while which made life tricky last week. Thankfully I can report it turned out to be pretty yummy!
- 1 TBSP of olive oil (or butter)
- 3 carrots (peeled and cut into medallions.)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 5-7 garlic cloves (minced or chopped)
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1TBSP of curry powder
- 1/4 TSP of coriander (optional)
- 1/8 TSP of cumin (optional)
- Dash of Salt
- Bring a 5-quart saucepan to Medium High heat with olive oil. When hot, toss in all chopped veggies (carrots, onion, garlic) and saute for a good 7 minutes (or until carrots are softened). Add 1/2 TBSP of curry powder and saute for an additional minute.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk, 1/2 TBSP of curry powder, 1/4 TSP of coriander, 1/8 TSP of cumin, and dash of salt. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in drained can of chickpeas. Bring mix back up to a boil then down to a simmer for 10 minutes or till coconut milk has thickened (Sauce will thicken as mix cools too).
- Make your rice (I made brown basmati rice). Pour your Curry Chickpea mix over rice and Voila!
If you’re feeling ambitious or desiring some bread,
After finding this recipe, I’ve been making this bread fairly regularly on our non-sick weeks. When kiddos are sick we make things easier than easy around here. That aside, I promise you won’t regret giving this bread a try. It’s so easy and absolutely delicious!